I'm Amanda, a full-time college student, part-time worker, and youngest of 5 kids. Just a view of life through my eyes. Art, old and new postings. Woot.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Complain once you've tried

So for a while now, I've been listening to people complain. And complain. And complain about their problems. My motto for complaining ~ Sure, it's fine to complain, but only when you've already done something about the problem. Don't bitch about a headache if you won't take any asprin and the asprin is right there. Pop a pain pill... then bitch. DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Then you have the right to complain about them all you want and I, for one, will surely be willing to listen.

BUT if you don't do a damn thing about your problems, push them off onto other people, then get mad when people bitch at you about not handling your business. Then I'm sorry, I'm done listening. Take some action, I will help. And if you happen to get pissed while doing so, I will gladly listen.

It's about time other people in this house take some responsibility. I'm the youngest, yet I've never had a big sibling act like a big sibling. Sure they give me "little sister treatment" by running over me and using me, but as far as acting like big sibs, helping me with getting a job, actually being the ones to teach me to drive when I did learn, give me pointers here and there on ANYTHING... I get none of that. I give the pointers, I teach the driving, I help with getting people jobs, I help with schooling, I help with everything. Give me a break people.

It gets overbearing. I don't know what to do sometimes. I give and give and I get shot down when I slip a little. Trips are planned. Just a little more to go, there's so much to look forward to if I handle my business.

Later

No comments: